The open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act is November 1-December 15, 2018, and shopping for health insurance invites a lot of questions:
At AAA Insurance, we can help you answer those questions and help you ﬁnd a health insurance plan that suits you best. Contact your local authorized AAA agent to help you with your health insurance needs.
He or she will be happy to help you complete the application and select a plan.
Your policy will become effective upon receiving and processing your ﬁrst month’s premium.
Once your payment has been received and processed, your card will be issued.
Northeast Region – NC
Counties: Beaufort, Bertie, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Craven, Currituck, Dare, Edgecombe, Franklin, Gates, Greene, Halifax, Hertford, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Martin, Nash, Northampton, Pamlico, Perquimans, Pitt, Tyrrell, Vance, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Wilson
Office: (704) 569-3600 x 10071
Southwest Region – NC
Counties: Buncombe, Burke, Catawba, Cherokee, Clay, Cleveland, Gaston, Guilford, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Lincoln, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mecklenburg, Polk, Swain, Rutherford, Transylvania, Yancey
Office: (704) 562-3713
Piedmont South Region – NC
Counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Chatham, Cumberland, Davidson, Davie, Harnett, Hoke, Iredell, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph, Richmond, Robeson, Rowan, Scotland, Stanly, Union
Office: (704) 900-2331
Cell: (704) 975-4282
1) Sign up between November 1, 2018 — December 15, 2018 during the open enrollment period. Annual open enrollment is the only time you know for certain you can buy health insurance. Apply by December 15 to get coverage that starts January 1, 2019. Outside the annual enrollment period, if you get married, have a baby, move from another state, or lose your health insurance, you may be able to buy coverage during special enrollment.
2) Find out if you may receive subsidies to help pay for your health insurance.
3) Talk with an agent to see which plans are available where you live.
4) Think about your health care needs — which level will work the best?
5) Think about your network needs — make sure your favorite doctors and hospitals are in the network of the plan you select.
6) Submit your application
7) Pay for your plan — your new health insurance will not become eﬀective until your ﬁrst month’s premium is received and processed.
*To be eligible for coverage, you must be a North Carolina resident and not be enrolled in Medicare.
For more info contact your local authorized AAA Health Insurance agent. He or she will be happy to help you.