CHARLOTTE (JAN. 23, 2017) – AAA Carolinas honored 17 hotels and 9 restaurants in Central and Eastern North Carolina at the AAA Four Diamond ceremony at The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection on Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
Four Diamond hotels in Central and Eastern North Carolina, listed with the number of years won, include:
- RALEIGH- Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel (6 years)
- DURHAM- The King's Daughters Inn (6 years), Arrowhead Inn Bed & Breakfast (14 years), Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club (17 years) and 21c Museum Hotel Durham (1 year)
- CHAPEL HILL- The Carolina Inn (20 years) and The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection (21 years)
- GREENSBORO- Proximity Hotel (9 years), Grandover Resort & Conference Center (18 years) and O. Henry Hotel (18 years)
- WILMINGTON- The Verandas (15 years) and Graystone Inn (18 years)
- WINSTON-SALEM - The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel (1 year)
- DUCK- Sanderling Resort (6 years)
- PINEHURST- The Carolina Hotel (35 years) and Holly Inn (15 years)
Four Diamond restaurants in Central and Eastern North Carolina, listed with the number of years won, include:
- RALEIGH- Second Empire Restaurant and Tavern (13 years)
- DURHAM- The Fairview Dining Room (25 years)
- CHAPEL HILL- Carolina Crossroads Restaurant (15 years) and Il Palio Ristorante (27 years)
- PINEHURST- 1895 Grille (16 years)
- DUCK- Kimball's Kitchen (4 years)
- KINSTON- Chef and The Farmer (7 years)
- GIBSONVILLE- Saint Jacques at the Burke Manor (3 years)
- WILMINGTON - Manna (3 years)
"AAA's requirements for a Four Diamond rating are scrupulous, and those achieving this status are among the finest hotels and restaurants in the country," said Dave Parsons, president and CEO of AAA Carolinas. "Less than 4 percent of annual inspections conducted nationally result in a Four Diamond rating."
AAA gives the Four Diamond Awards annually to qualified hotels and restaurants in North America. AAA's Diamond Rating is one of the few hotel appraisal systems that rely on physical on-site evaluations. AAA's inspection team members assess each of the eligible properties based on comfort, cleanliness, security and offered services and amenities. Each hotel is then awarded a Diamond Rating between one and five, with five being the best.
Lodgings include several classifications, such as bed and breakfast, hotel, cottage and country inn with four sub-classifications such as historic, classic, resort and casino. Restaurants have varying cuisines and ambiances, with more than 100 different categories.
Each restaurant and lodging that receives any level of diamond rating from AAA is listed in AAA's TourBooks, which are distributed for free to any of the organization's 55 million members nationwide.
AAA Carolinas, an affiliate of the American Automobile Association, is a not-for-profit organization that serves more than 2 million members and the public with travel, automobile and insurance services while being an advocate for the safety and security of all travelers.
Connect with AAA Carolinas on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AAAcarolinas and follow us on Twitter at @AAAcarolinas.
Photos of each award recipient are available upon request.